As Wisconsin’s temperatures warm up, the coolest treats customers crave is an ice cream cone or shake. It’s every restaurant and ice cream shop’s job to provide a delicious ice cream treat served from a properly cleaned commercial ice cream machine.
While cleaning a soft serve machine isn’t difficult, it is important. Food safety should be a top priority for any restaurant that serves ice cream, both for customer safety and for profitability. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 1 in 6 Americans suffer from food borne illnesses every year. Regular commercial ice cream machine cleanings (and maintenance) can also extend the life of the machine. To make the effort successful, every employee should be trained on how to clean the machine in-person and with videos specific to the machine.
Tips for Cleaning a Commercial Ice Cream Machine
- Always follow manufacturer directions and information to avoid voiding the warranty.
- Train each employee and carefully supervise to ensure the machine is cleaned properly.
- Use cleaning and sanitizing products specifically produced for commercial ice cream machines.
- Set a regular cleaning schedule for ice cream machines. There are no uniform requirements for how often to clean a commercial ice cream machine; restaurants and ice cream shops should contact the local public health department for specific guidelines.
- Consider using automated commercial ice cream cleaning solutions, which can eliminate heavy lifting, reduce labor costs, and lessen water usage.
Taylor Commercial Ice Cream Machine Cleaning Videos
Taylor commercial ice cream machines are top-quality, allowing restaurants and ice cream shops to serve quality products and increase profitability. The company also produces videos about cleaning and sanitizing; for other questions, contact commercial equipment professionals for specific product information.